Pages

Thursday 21 November 2013

Cooking spoons

A short and quick post to show some of the cooking spoons I made over the last week. The small two are from two halves of one apple branch and are about 26 cm long. The large one (sycamore) is quite a beast at 40 cm. I am investigating what a good standard size do-it-all spoon is, since the last few weeks several people have approached me wanting to purchase cooking spoons. (I know, I was surprised too.) I do enjoy these large spoons so I`ll be making a few more of that calibre.


For the rest I`d like to mention that I`ll recieve a pretty cool book at some point in the next few weeks. 'Swedish Carving Techniques', by Wille Sundquist, is apparently the green wood carving bible. It went out of print a long time ago and in the second-hand circuit it popped up every now and then for several hundred dollars. Now Taunton Press in the USA has reprinted it, and for 25 dollars you can call yourself de owner of this book. At first I was bummed out, because after a phonecall to the press it seemed like I couldn`t order the book since they didn`t take my dutch debet card or paypal. Then my faith in humanity got a huge boost when someone in a spoon-carving facebook group I`m a member of offered to order one for me. I very gladly took that offer, paypalled him the money, and now anxiously await the mailman to see why this book is such a big deal in the carving world.

No comments:

Post a Comment