Pages

Tuesday 17 December 2013

The Second International Secret Spoon Swap!

It has happened! The initiative that was started on the Spooncarving Facebook Group where people from all over the world send spoons to each other happened for the second time, and this time I was a part of it. It is a very fun and exciting experience to send a spoon to a carver somewhere else in the world, and it is also very nice to receive a spoon that someone else has made. I have sent my spoon out to Ben who lives in the USA, and he received it today. Here is a picture that he took of it:

I myself received a very nice spoon and spreader from Don Nalezyty. It is very delicate and also very different from how I used to think about eating spoons. I will try to copy this spoon to gain  carving skill and insight in form and function. He also included a very nice spreader as an extra gift. Both utensils are carved from cherry, and the tooled finish on them is very good. Smooth and shiney. Needless to say I am very happy with them.





No comments:

Post a Comment