Pages

Sunday 22 February 2015

Prepping for next winter.

Next winter it seems like one of my longer lived wishes will be granted: I`ll have a lovely woodstove (and a house around it to heat, but lets leave that for now). To properly use a woodstove we`ll be needing a load of firewood, so I`ve been working on splitting and stacking this weekend. The tire-contraption works excellently, and I was beginning to wonder how I`d store and dry the wood. That is when all of a sudden my better halfs father came with a very early birthday present to help me on the way here. The green thing in the picture to have firewood bags in to aid stacking, along with 50 80L bags.
Bagging station.

 I have now nearly 20 bags stored in a drafty and dry old stable where it`ll have a few good months to dry out. I know that it is best to dry wood for at least two years before burning it, but unfortunately I do not happen to have two years right now...
Half the production

No comments:

Post a Comment