Pages

Sunday 25 August 2013

Terrible lack of wood

I can`t find spoonwood! I have been without wood to carve for over a week now. Not making anything was getting on my nerves so I set out on a different project. Making myself a new carving knife. The knife I have mainly used for a long time now is a Mora 711 that I rehandles in oak. It is really nice to use but I find the blade a bit large at times. I do like the size of the 511, and therefore set out to rehandle one of those. Naturally, now that I write this blog-post I do not have it at hand to take proper pictures, so this will have to suffice for now:

The handle is oak, with black leather spacers and an icelandic 10kr coin as a bolster. I`ll testrun it tomorrow when we`ll go visit some family who usually have greenish wood lying around. I`ll take better pictures then, and also hope to have carved a spoon and scored some new wood by then. I haven`t carved anything for way too long now.

No comments:

Post a Comment